Protech's quality and craftsmanship are fully demonstrated in this light-weight, back support apron. The flexback apron shifts weight from the shoulders to the hips by utilizing a professionally designed elastic back system. When your Velcro tabs are engaged the elastic "flexes" your apron's weight burden off your shoulders, relieving your back and providing long-lasting, superior comfort. CE marked.
Our premium x-ray Flexback apron includes:
- Thyroid Collar
- Print fabrics
- Flex Elastic - A flexible, stretch material, usually found in the back of an apron, which allows the apron's closure mechanism to "flex" away the apron's burden by shifting weight from your shoulders to your hips; thus relieving your back.
- Backstrap - A thick Velcro strap found on the back of an apron, usually a frontal protection apron, which secures one shoulder area to the other. A backstrap provides a secure, comfortable fit by not allowing the apron to slip on your
- Auxiliary Wings - Auxiliary wings can be added on to your aprons' armpit area. Wings are especially important for women to cover breast tissue that resides in their upper chest/armpit area.
- Side Extensions - The side extensions add-on increases a front protection apron's coverage around your hips. The apron is widened around the leg/hip area to provide additional lateral protection from x-ray exposure.
- CoolGuard Back Mesh - Back mesh is a ventilated fabric option which can be added to your velcro, criss-crossing closure tabs. Back mesh is a porous material that maximizes air flow and improves overall comfort.
Lead Protection Options
- Front - Standard 0.50 Lead (Pb) Equivalence
- Back - N/A
- Core Material Options - Lead (ST), Light Lead (LW), Ultralite Lead (UL), Lead-free (LF), Premier Lead-Free (PR), Bilayer (BI)
- Lead Equivalence - 0.50, .35, and .25 (Pb) LE
Light-Weight Lead (ASTM Compliance)
- Standard Lead (USA ASTM and EU IEC compliance)
- Our standard lead option is the heaviest of the four core materials we offer. Though heavy, pure lead vinyl is the most affordable material and consistently provides protection over a wide range of kVp.
Ultralite Lead(ASTM Compliance)
- Over 10% lighter than standard lead. Our light-weight lead provides protection equal to traditional lead aprons while providing an excellent reduction in weight.
- A trade secret blend of lead, antimony, bismuth, and additional attenuating elements all perfectly combined in one homogeneous, ultra lite weight layer. Ultralite lead is within 1% of Lead-Free's weight, yet is more affordable and protective due to its lead content.
- Our lead free vinyl is 20% lighter than lead and 10% lighter than light lead. It is environmentally safe and can be disposed of through normal waste procedures.
- Premier vinyl represents a breakthrough in core material technology. Premier is lead-free, 30% lighter than lead and 8 - 10% lighter than our lead-free material. Premier is ideal for long procedures. When compared to competitors, Premier has no equal.
Bilayer(USA ASTM and EU IEC compliance)
- Bilayer is a proprietary, multi layer configuration comprised of Antimony and Bismuth. Together, these elements meet new IEC 61331-1 standards and properly block x-ray from 50 kVp to 150 kVp. Protech's bilayer material is lead-free, light-weight, and disposable. Due to the prevailing standards in the USA, Bilayer will be more expensive and slightly heavier than an ASTM (US) compliant lead-free apron.